Friday, March 29, 2013

Can I get an AMEN? #lousypunsindeed #I'llneverhavemyowntalkshow #brbeatingmyfeelings




For those of you who know me, they would know that I ABSOLUTELY detest ~*~fashion bloggers~*~ who lift images off the net from style.com or what-so-evs and plunk it into a post being all OH MY FAVE SHOW OF THE SEASON ZAC POSEN PLZ MARRY ME OR HAVE MY BABIES. 

It basically bastardizes (my new fave word lulz) the whole concept of fashion blogging where viewers go to blogs to look at ootd's to get to know the reader better, read about their unbiased views on the fashion world (A Shaded View of Fashion is my fave) or simply, to draw inspiration. I mean, who wants to scroll through pages of THIS MY FAVE SHOE YAW, THIS SHOW WAS BANANAS, I REALLY WANNA WEAR HOT PINK THIS SEASON.

Verbal diarrhea aside, I like to put aside this notion once in a while to talk about labels I am infatuated with and it's non-the-less the amazing AMEN (I wear my Rapture vest ALL the time, finding a way to surgically attach it to my body!). Designed by Nicole and Kelinton, it just hits home with me because of my love for key pieces in a wardrobe.

This SS2013, they deliver perennial wardrobe staples such as wide legged pants, a classic jumpsuit fairly reminiscent of Le Smoking, baby doll dresses and lapel jackets. It just feels like your classic staples that you'd pull out of your closet and in a heartbeat, don them on which I feel is something most of us don't have the luxury of doing nowadays. Plus it helps that it feels a little Saint Laurent! (H8ters gonna h8te!)

I know what I'll be spending my next pay on! Besides the Antigona bag that is!

Images from : www.thisistransition.com

No comments:

Post a Comment